Podcasting Hosting has never been so easy!
We offer a few options for podcasters.
Our Podcast Generator supports iTunes extensions (mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, mov and pdf) and many other file types such as: ogg, avi, flv, jpg, mpg, wma, wmv, aif, 3gp and amr (mobile video and audio); just upload your media contents and the program will auto detect the file type!
Our podcast generator is fully compatible with Juice and iTunes, meets the w3c standards and supports iTunes specific tags. Podcast Generator allows you to publish your audio and video podcasts in a few steps.
- Very easy to install (Web Setup Wizard)
- Free and open source
- Supports ANY media file type (mp3, ogg, mpg, m4v, mov, pdf, etc…) and allows to create mixed audio and video podcasts
- The XML feed automatically generated is fully compatible with aggregators (e.g. Juice and iTunes), meets the w3c standards and supports iTunes specific tags
- Organize your episodes by thematic categories (every category features its own podcast feed!)
- User friendly web administration interface: upload, edit, delete episodes and fully customize your podcast
- Dynamically created “Recent podcasts” and “Podcast Archive” web pages
- Themes Support
- Multilingual support
- Web or FTP upload of audio/video episodes
- Web mp3 streaming player
Podcasting with WordPress
You can also setup a podcasting plugin to go along with your WordPress website.
There are two popular options:
Podpress a popular podcasting plugin that offers a well rounded list of features:
- Full featured and automatic feed generation (RSS2, iTunes and ATOM and XSPF playlist)
- Podcast Download stats, with graphs.
- View MP3 files ID3 tags when your Posting
- Control over where the player will display within your post and what it will look like.
- Support for various formats, including Video Podcasting
- Supports unlimited number of media files.
- Automatic Media player for MP3, OGG, OGV, MP4, M4A, M4V, MOV, QT, FLV, ASF, WMA, WMV, AVI, RM, and more, with inline and Popup Window support.
- Supports also PDF and EPUB files
- Preview image for videos
- Support for seperate Category podcasts
- Support for Premium Content (Pay Only)
This is probably the most popular WordPress podcasting plugin. It’s offered as a free plugin but you can also have the option to get your media hosting with them as well as an integrated statistics report. The plugin also enables you to embed video players.
It offers full support for iTunes podcast and has a lot of powerful features to boot including
- Media size and duration detection: Enter your media URL and let the PowerPress do the rest.
- Category Casting: Add media support to your WordPress category feeds.
- Custom Media Channels: Distribute multiple formats (audio/video) and versions (short/full length).
- Tag/Keyword Podcast Feeds (Tag Casting): Add iTunes compliant attributes to your tag feeds.
- FeedBurner Support: Use FeedBurner.com to host your feeds.
- User Role Management: Control which users in your blog can create media.
- Custom Post Types: Use the new Custom Post Types feature found in WordPress 3.0
- Diagnostics: Check to see if your server is configured to support all of the available features in PowerPress.
- WordPress MU: Blubrry PowerPress is compatible with WordPress MU
- User Role Management requires a separate plugin to manage WordPress Roles and Capabilities.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.